Rent a Frank Lloyd Wright Home

Form follows function – that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union.
– Frank Lloyd Wright

Note: The following Frank Lloyd Wright Homes are for rent. They are listed by state.

Muirhead Farmhouse

Muirhead HouseIn the 1940’s, owners Robert and Elizabeth Muirhead felt they had outgrown the original farmhouse on the property and decided on a Usonian-style home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Click here for more information.


The Palmer House

Frank Lloyd Wright Palmer HouseThe Palmer House, built for Bill and Mary Palmer in Ann Arbor during the early 1950’s, is one of the finest late works of master architect Frank Lloyd Wright.

Click here for more information.


The Elam House

Elam HouseThe Elam Residence is one of the largest Usonian homes Wright designed.  Wright designed the home from photographs of the lot never setting foot on the property.

Click here for more information.

Louis Penfield House

Penfield HouseThe original owner, Louis Penfield was six feet eight inches tall. When Mr. Penfield met with Mr. Wright for the first time, he asked, “Can you design a house for someone as tall as me?” Wright was silent for a moment, then replied, “Yes, but we’ll have to design a machine to tip you sideways first”.

Click here for more information.


Duncan House

Duncan House The Duncan house, built in 1957 in Lisle, Illinois for Donald and Elizabeth Duncan, is one of 11 modest Usonians that were prefabricated by a Wisconsin builder, Marshall Erdman, and constructed on lots chosen by the buyers.

Click here for more information.

Seth Peterson Cottage

Peterson HouseSeth Peterson had purchased a piece of property on quiet Mirror Lake, near Wisconsin Dells. It was on this site that he asked Frank Lloyd Wright to design a small house just big enough for Peterson and his intended bride.

Click here for more information.

Bernard Schwartz House

Schwartz HouseThe Bernard Schwartz House, also known as Still Bend, was built in Two Rivers, WI. The house was originally designed as a model “dream house” for a Life Magazine article in 1938. According to the Association of Architecture Organizations,

Click here for more information.